Thursday, January 29, 2015

Traditional Japan


There are tons of beautiful cultural and incredible traditional articles in Japan. What is your image of Japan? People usually answer ‘’SUSHI’’. I know, already you know that food, so I did not need to put it on my poster at all. What I want you to know is that not only things but also our traditional specialize occupations, arts, events and so on.


This is paper folding: called ‘’Origami’’ which is one of our unique traditional arts. When I wrote a letter to someone from the other country, I always make and attach Origami Crane. Actually, It is the art of folding a sheet of paper into many figures such as animals, birds and other things without using scissors. The papers are cut in a square shape are used for this, and it has been a popular pastime among Japanese children. Origami has various colors and patterns. This Origami crane in this picture has ‘’Yuzen-Moyo’’ is the name of the pattern which is used ‘’Kimono’’ that our traditional dress for women. However, origami did not start in Japan! It began in China in the first or second century, and then spread to Japan sometime during the sixth century.  


4 comments:

  1. In my country, we also have origami too! We use it for make a wish.
    However, I never know that it come from China, so how it become popular in Japan and seem to be Japanese culture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the theme of the poster because you combined many events and places in unique way.the most thing i liked in the poster is the Origami because it looks nice and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the theme of the poster because you combined many events and places in unique way.the most thing i liked in the poster is the Origami because it looks nice and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had the same idea about the background. you also designed it like a flag from your country. i also designed it my flag from my country but it is not simple so it looks kind of messy. but yours is so simple that it is easy to organize your posts. NICE!

    ReplyDelete